By Elaine Stillerman LMT
Ideal for either lecture room and perform, Modalities for therapeutic massage & Bodywork, second Edition offers 23 modalities of bodywork, their historical past, improvement, results, advantages, contraindications, simple curricula and certification requisites. up-to-date photographs and illustrations, severe pondering questions, and flash playing cards offer you a greater photo of today’s therapeutic massage top practices. Evolve spouse site presents matching actions, flash playing cards, solutions to multiple-choice questions, weblinks and video demonstrations of varied modalities lined within the textual content to make studying extra interactive.
- Case histories in each one bankruptcy illustrate the consequences of the modality inside a healing context, developing the chance for integrative, medical reasoning that is helping organize you for paintings within the numerous modalities.
- Student goals and key terms at first of every bankruptcy offers a framework for what to anticipate and what to target with each one chapter.
- In My Experience containers provide own insights approximately particular concepts from specialists within the field.
- Full-color layout and strategies shown with images and illustrations increase knowing and comprehension of every modality.
- Multiple-choice try questions at the top of every bankruptcy with solutions at the Evolve web site assist you degree your figuring out of the modality and acquire speedy suggestions from the reply key that incorporates rationales.
- Suggested readings, assets and references in each one bankruptcy supply strong assets so that you can additional learn every one modality.
- Clinically correct bins and tables highlight very important information.
- NEW Modalities chapters provide you with a better understanding of the possibilities and ideas on hand as they pursue a therapeutic massage remedy occupation and practitioners with more effective info they could follow to their work.
- NEW! pupil assets on Evolve supplement the study room adventure and guarantees you keep the fabric within the text.
- 23 diversified physique ideas are brought that will help you know about diverse modalities you might have considered trying to pursue and reaffirm your wisdom of techniques.
- More than 2 hours of video at the Evolve web site bring the modalities to existence and aid placed the textual content directions in perspective.
- NEW! up-to-date content material, images and illustrations equip you with the most recent details and visuals on modalities from specialists within the box that mirror present practices within the box and the desires and desires of therapeutic massage treatment practitioners and students.
- NEW! severe considering questions added to every bankruptcy actively interact and problem your reasoning skills.
- NEW! extra overview questions added to every bankruptcy offer you with extra possibilities to check what you will have discovered and try out your knowledge.
Read or Download Modalities for Massage and Bodywork, 2e PDF
Similar alternative medicine books
50 doable recommendations for easing tension and comparable problems This fast and simple quantity positive aspects 50 ideas you should use to relieve the results of pressure and comparable problems. 50 how one can hinder and deal with rigidity contains info at the overall healthiness toll of pressure, paintings and residential alterations that could aid lessen pressure, physique paintings, nutrition and natural reduction, workout, counseling, and inventive shops.
This can be a 3-in-1 reference ebook. It provides a whole scientific dictionary overlaying 1000s of phrases and expressions when it comes to therapeutic massage remedy. It additionally provides vast lists of bibliographic citations. eventually, it offers details to clients on how you can replace their wisdom utilizing a number of web assets.
Written over a hundred years in the past, Ehret bargains undying perception into how you can in attaining precise energy, health and wellbeing, energy, and happiness. in line with a nature-based method of well-being via simplicity and moderation, readers are given reasonable and potent teachings on find out how to achieve regulate in their healthiness and take accountability for his or her personal health.
- Trance-Formations: Neuro-Linguistic Programming and the Structure of..
- The Impact Of Maternal Nutrition On The Offspring
- The Healing Power of Tea: Simple Teas & Tisanes to Remedy and Rejuvenate Your Health
- Tea Tree Oil - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
Extra info for Modalities for Massage and Bodywork, 2e
Case History 2 n There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well. Walter Reuther Therapists—don’t forget yourself! The world needs you! If you are in pain from overtreating, you cannot render your great gift. ”Prehab” is the action taken to prevent injuries and avoid rehab. This case history demonstrates that AIS is an enormously effective method of fascial realignment, which is what helps scar tissue heal faster, and provides an excellent example of why the body needs flexibility as a rehabilitative tool as well as for prevention of injuries.
With the palm facing up, contract the back of the wrist down and assist with the assisting palm completely covering the active palm. Continued 19 20 n Modalities for Massage and Bodywork G H I J K L FIGURE 1-13, cont’d G-I, Thumb adductors and abductors. With the palm facing away from the body. Draw the thumb back assisting gently as though pulling on an arrow in a bow. J-L, Thumb extensors. With the thumb enclosed in a fist, drop the fist towards the floor. The thumb of the assisting hand applies pressure to the active thumb.
A) myofascia b) joint tissues c) tendons d) all of the above 24 n Modalities for Massage and Bodywork 29) Which of the following is true with regard to AIS? a) Speed is the enemy of sensitivity. b) With ballistic or pendulous movement, the client often uses the wrong muscles. c) Work together with your client to win the trust of the tissues. d) All of the above. 30) AIS can be used for which of the following? com/Stillerman STUDENT OBJECTIVES Upon completion of this chapter, students will be able to do the following: n Understand the philosophy behind Ayurvedic therapies.
Modalities for Massage and Bodywork, 2e by Elaine Stillerman LMT